Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mom



Well I posted pictures of my daddy so now are a few of mom. They span 7o years (WOW). Like I said before I don't think of my parents as being old. They are so active and do so much around the house and for our family. Mom is a member of several clubs and has a full agenda every week. I really think she has more to do now that she is retired!

Brief history. She was born in 1936 at Crystal City, Texas, the “Spinach Capital of the World.” Mom was the crown bearer to the Queen of the Spinach Festival in 1940.
Grandma and grandpa moved back to Austin
during WWII and lived with my great-grandparents for a little while during the war. Grandpa volunteered for service and was given a honorable discharge after being injured.



My grandparents, mom and her siblings (1 sister and 2 brothers) moved to Kerby Lane in the 1940's.









Mom and dad were married in July 1956
and that makes 52 years this July . They moved into their first home on 45th street that year. I was born in 1963 and my brother arrived in 1965. I think I have the best mom in the universe. Mom and I go "shopping" every weekend (my oldest son and his girlfriend often tag along). She is a real trouper when it comes to doing things she really doesn't want to do but when she is ready to go you better follow her or you won't have a ride home (well we have never been left behind and I don't really think she would do that to us).
Here she is in the 70's, 80's and 2006.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I love to sew and that is about all I have to say about that. I am not creative but I can follow instructions so I love to re-create all sorts of things. If I am not spending time making "junk" I am hanging out with my family. I also love to take pictures. I will take hundreds of pictures at any event with the hope that I get best picture EVER! >ôô<